Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Policy Statement
As Required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005)
The following policy, practices and procedures have been established by Parker Pad & Printing Ltd. to govern the provision of its services in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Regulation 429/07, “Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.”
1. Our mission
The mission of Parker Pad & Printing Ltd. is to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures for the provision of its services are consistent with the principles outlined in the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service to effectively provide services to people with disabilities.
2. Our commitment
In fulfilling our mission, Parker Pad & Printing Ltd. strives at all times to provide its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers.
3. Providing goods and services to people with disabilities
We are committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
- 3.1 Communication – When communicating with a person with a disability, we shall communicate in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
- 3.2 Telephone Services – We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our customers. We will train staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly. We will offer to communicate with customers by email, if telephone communication is not suitable to their communication needs or is not available.
- 3.3 Assistive Devices – We recognize that some individuals with disabilities use assistive devices in order to access our services. We will permit these individuals to use their assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from its services. Should an individual with a disability be unable to access Parker Pad’s services through the use of their own personal assistive device, we will determine if service is inaccessible, based upon the individual requirements, assess service delivery and potential service options to meet the needs of the individual.
- 3.4 Billing – We are committed to providing accessible invoices to all of our customers. For this reason, invoices will be provided in the following formats upon request: hard copy, large print or by email. We will answer any questions customers may have about the content of the invoice in person, by telephone or email.
- 3.5 Service Animals – We recognize that some individuals with disabilities may require the use of guide dogs or other service animals in order to access services. Persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a guide dog or other service animal will be permitted to enter the parts of our premises that are common areas and to keep the animal with them.
- 3.6 Support Persons – We further recognize that some individuals with disabilities rely on support persons for assistance while accessing services. A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter our premises together with the support person and will not be prevented from having access to the support person while on our premises.
4. Notice of Temporary Disruption
We shall provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will normally be posted on the premises, where appropriate in the circumstances.
5. Staff Training
We will provide training to applicable staff about the provision of services to persons with disabilities and all those who are involved in the development and approvals of customer service policies, practices and procedures.
Applicable staff will be trained on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way services are provided to people with disabilities. Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures. New staff will be trained upon the completion of the three month probationary period.
Training will include the following:
• the purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
• how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• how to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
• what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our services
• our practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard
6. Feedback Process
Our ultimate goal is to meet and surpass customer expectations while serving persons with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated. Feedback regarding the way Parker Pad & Printing Ltd. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be made by email, verbally, or in writing. All feedback will be made to: Parker Pad & Printing Ltd. By Phone: 905-294-7997 or 1-877-294-7997 By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Modifications to this or other policies
We are committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore, no changes will be made to this policy before considering the impact on people with disabilities. Any policy of Parker Pad & Printing Ltd. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
8. Questions about this policy
This policy exists to achieve service excellence to customers with disabilities. If anyone has a question about the policy, or if the purpose of a policy is not understood, an explanation should be provided by, or referred to the President or General Manager of Parker Pad & Printing Ltd.
9. Copies of this Policy
Parker Pad & Printing Ltd. recognizes that persons with disabilities use methods other than the standard print to access information. If Parker Pad is required to give a copy of this policy to a person with a disability, we will provide the policy, or the information contained in the policy, in a format that takes account the person’s disability. Alternatively, Parker Pad & Printing Ltd. and the person with a disability may agree on an alternate format for the document or information.
Janis Parker, President